Monday 21 February 2011

A break from the norm...

After a week balanced between bike design to get my Suzuki project finished hopefully in time for the end of year degree show show and sorting out the basic shape of my major project model a change was needed as well as a rest from the sawdust. So in the spirit of diversity and just because I grew up thinking they were cool, I turned to the original reason I started drawing....Comic books.

The following three stages were carried out over a total of 5 hours. 2 for the sketch and 3 for the photoshop rendering afterwards. This is my first photoshop 'comic book' render but I'm happy with the results so expect to see this and more work like it in my portfolio.



Batman Render, Stage one. Pencil and Ink. Scanned and un-altered



Batman Render, Stage Two. Simple color blocking - Pre shading (70's Style Comic)


Batman Render, Complete. Shaded and trimmed.

So there you have it. My first foray into the grimy underworld of photoshop comic book inking.

Phoenix Out

No comments:

Post a Comment